MD Leadership Program
Are you keen to be one of tomorrow's medical leaders?
The UQ Medical Leadership Program (MLP) could be for you.
UQ Medicine and UQ Business School have partnered to provide a Graduate Certificate in Executive Leadership tailor-made to foster the leadership qualities of UQ Medical students. The program builds participants' skills in areas such as leadership, service strategy and communication, negotiation skills, and strategic thinking. Action learning and case studies are used to ensure optimum learning outcomes. This highly competitive program is the only one of its kind in Australia, and was established following feedback from medical alumni, who had reflected that they had found themselves as doctors being thrust into positions of leadership, yet they had received no formal leadership training. Students who are selected to participate in the program receive a full scholarship funded by UQ Medicine and a growing list of donors who have partnered with UQ to support the initiative.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will receive the postgraduate leadership qualification along with your medical degree.
The MLP has been reviewed as part of a process of continued evaluation and improvement in line with the School of Medicine and Business School's dedication to excellence in teaching and learning. The program now delivers the following courses:
- Principles of Business Management
- Strategic Analysis and Implementation
- Integrative Communication & Negotiation
- Service Quality & Customer Co-Creation
These courses consist of weekend face-to-face workshops (2 per semester) and summative assessment.
By enrolling in this program, participants will be able to :
- Discover the keys to building strategies to affect continued transformation in the medical profession.
- Develop their personal and professional capabilities in areas such as leadership and self awareness, thinking strategically, service quality in healthcare and communication and negotiation to name a few.
- Explore how they can create a longer-term focus and make a significant impact on their medical outcomes, aligning their professional development around the core capabilities central to the achievement of their professional strategies.
- Formulate practical ideas, models and tools of behaviour, which will help participants advance their own personal and professional development.
- Obtain a postgraduate qualification in the Graduate Certificate in Business Leadership.
- For all enquiries relating to the Medical Leadership Program, please contact:
- Email: email@example.com
Phone: +61 7 3365 5057