RHD travel scholarships
Faculty of Medicine RHD Travel Scholarships
- Research Higher Degree students enrolled in the Faculty of Medicine enrolling unit will be eligible to receive travel scholarship funding to support up 2 domestic trips and 1 international trip during their candidature.*
- Domestic Travel Scholarships will be $800
- International Travel Scholarships will be $2000
- These funds can be used to support airfares and accommodation as well as conference registration costs.
- These scholarships are also available for students to advance their research projects (ie through visiting other research labs), or to attend highly specialised workshops or training opportunities.
- Students are required to present their work at conferences they attend or institutions they visit.
- Students are strongly encouraged to apply for Graduate School (e.g. CDA) travel scholarships or external travel scholarships prior to making application for Faculty funds. Students will be asked to provide evidence of these efforts.
- Students can make application for a Travel Scholarship at any time of the year (there are no scholarship ‘rounds’), but must be made 3 months prior to the planned travel and 6 weeks prior to any purchase deadlines e.g, early bird dates.
- Students must have successfully passed the Confirmation Milestone to be eligible to apply for Faculty of Medicine Travel Scholarships
Support provided in the past by previous enrolling units may be considered when assessing applications from existing students
How to apply
The online application form can be found here. Students are required to attach written endorsement of the proposed travel from their Principal Advisor to their online application form. Applications for travel scholarships should be made at least three months prior to planned travel.
 Students supervised within QIMR Berghofer and MRI-UQ - please access support via those Institutes. Students enrolled in Faculty of Medicine, but with shared arrangements with UQ Faculties or Institutes outside of Medicine may be eligible for partial support and may use this form to enquire