In your first week
- Meet with one of our Faculty Postgraduate Administration Officers (PGAOs) to complete your online commencement and receive the FoM Induction material for commencing students. This activates your enrolment and you will then receive, within 2 working days, an email with information on your UQ username and password and how to obtain your student ID card.
All communications from UQ will be sent to your Student email, which will be in the format email@example.com. If you have been given another UQ email such as J.Citizen@uq.edu.au, this is not your student mailbox. If you would prefer to use that mailbox rather than your Student one, you will need to set up forwarding.
- Give to your PGAO, if you are on a UQ scholarship, a Method of Stipend Payment form
- Complete building induction processes in your local workplace
- Complete OHS inductions, as directed by your Principal Advisor, starting with the New Worker Induction checklist. This checklist will guide you/your Advisor as to what other OHS inductions need to be completed.
- Attend a Getting Started at UQ session (for international students)